Aksyon TV

AksyonTV is a free-to-air commercial TV station broadcasting in ultra high frequency co-owned and operated by TV5 Network Incorporated and Nation Broadcasting Corporation. Both are subsidiaries of MediaQuest Holdings Incorporated whose parent is the company that owns the pension funds of PLDT, Incorporated’s employees.

Businessman Manuel V. Pangilinan sits as chair of both MediaQuest Holdings and PLDT, where he is also its president and chief executive officer. Lawyer Ray Espinosa is also connected to TV5 Network Incorporated as chair of the other three companies that hold 70.9 percent of TV5 Network’s shares. MediaQuest Holdings holds the remaining 29.1 percent .

MediaQuest Holdings is also the majority stockholder of Nation Broadcasting Corporation.

 AksyonTV’s audience share is 0.29 percent from January to August 2016, based on Nielsen’s National Urban TV Audience Measurement (link to methodology).

 AksyonTV is the sister station of TV5. True to its name, which translates to Action TV, the station shows news-and-current affairs, public service, and sports. Its programs are in English and Filipino. It also airs a live feed of TV5 Inc.’s FM radio station Radyo5 92.3 News FM.

Some of its content may also be seen in international channels Kapatid TV5 and AksyonTV International.

Key facts

Audience Share

0.29

Ownership Type

private

Geographic Coverage

National

Content Type

Free-to-air (VHF)

Data Publicly Available

ownership data is easily available from other sources, e. g. public registries etc.

2 ♥

Media Companies / Groups

TV5 Network Incorporated

Ownership

Ownership Structure

AksyonTV is owned by TV5 Network, Incorporated (formerly Associated Broadcasting Company) and Nation Broadcasting Corporation, both are subsidiaries of MediaQuest Holdings, Incorporated whose parent is the company that owns the pension funds of PLDT, Incorporated’s (formerly Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company) employees. Businessman Manuel V. Pangilinan heads various conglomerates in the Philippines which ultimately belong to Indonesian Anthoni Salim’s First Pacific group of companies.

Group / Individual Owner

MediaQuest Holdings, Incorporated (through Nation Broadcasting Corporation)

MediaQuest Holdings, Incorporated is the holding company of PLDT Beneficial Trust Fund’s mass media conglomerate which includes TV5 Network, Incorporated, Nation Broadcasting Corporation, and the broadsheets The Philippine Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer, and BusinessWorld through hastings Holdings. Its parent is the company that owns the pension funds of PLDT, Incorporated’s (formerly Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company) employees. Businessman Manuel V. Pangilinan heads various conglomerates in the Philippines which ultimately belong to Indonesian Anthoni Salim’s First Pacific group of companies.

51%
Media Companies / Groups
Facts

General Information

Founding Year

2011

Founder

TV5 Network, Incorporated (formerly Associated Broadcasting Company)

Affiliated Interests Founder

TV5 Network, Incorporated (formerly Associated Broadcasting Company) is a subsidiary of MediaQuest Holdings, Incorporated whose parent is the company that owns the pension funds of PLDT, Incorporated’s (formerly Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company) employees.

Ceo

Manuel V. Pangilinan

Affiliated Interests Ceo

Manuel V. Pangilinan, more popularly known in business circles as MVP, sits as chair of both PLDT, where he is also its president and chief executive officer, and MediaQuest Holdings.

Editor-In-Chief

Missing Data

Other Important People

Emmanuel C. Lorenzana

Affiliated Interests other important people

President

Contact

TV5 Media CenterReliance Corner Sheridan StreetMandaluyong City 1552
Telephone Number: +632-689-3100
http://www.tv5.com.ph/

Financial Information

Revenue (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Advertising (in % of total funding)

Missing Data

Market Share

Missing Data

Further Information

Meta Data

Conversion rate on Dec. 31, 2015: P 46.85
Data based on Audience share from Nielsen’s National Urban TV Audience Measurement (Jan-June 2016).

Sources Media Profile

General Information Sheet of Nation Broadcasting Corporation of the Philippines (available upon request at SEC) (2016), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

  • Project by
    VERA Files
  •  
    Reporters without borders
  • Funded by
    BMZ